A typical day at day camp is as follows. (Overnight camp notes in parenthesis)
* Warm up/ arrival activities (Overnight camp breakfast)
* Daily cultural presentation. Country and themes of day, etc.
* Conversation activities including groups, role play, and more
* Arts and crafts representing authentic crafts of the language’s country(ies)
*Snack – authentic foods from the country of the week or day.
* Outdoor games including daily vocabulary/themes and sports
*Lunch at typical “Latin” time in Spanish camp (2 p.m.!) We sit down and have formal meals together with a lot of converstion as if at “Tia Juana’s” house.
*15 minutes of English
*Siesta / Rest and store time
*Song and Dance
* More conversation activities / role play, etc.
*Good-bye for day campers (Outdoor games and sports for overnight camps)
*More Conversation activities/games for overnight camps
*Dinner / Evening activity (game night, campfire night, movie night, dance party night!)
(We usually have very tired campers – to bed a 9 p.m. Lights out 10 p.m. )